[rescue] any tricks for installing/removing ram from sparc10s?

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Sun Aug 3 02:08:22 CDT 2003

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 17:24:07 -0500, "Jonathan C. Patschke"
<jp at celestrion.net> said:

> So far, I'm tremendously happy.  Their customer service -rocks-, their
> network is rock-solid stable, and their phones (specifically my i90c)
> are terrific for a number of reasons:

I'm glad you have had good customer service.  It's been improving, but
it still doesn't meet my experiences with T-Mo.

> $77/mo (after taxes and fees) gets me:

We have had two Nextels with 1000 min. cell, and 200 min DC, LD,
and voicemail, for 5 years at ~$90/mo for that whole time.  That's
a lot better than most of the plans until the last 6-9mo.

> Sprint can't do all that, and their network sucks, anyway.  Cingular
> can go fuck themselves because they have a nasty habit of "accidentally"
> changing contract terms behind your back.  At least, that's been my
> experience with those two companies.

According to Consumer Report's last survey (unfortunately, centered on
the East Coast), Sprint was the bottom of customer service.  Verizon was
number one.  The rest were mixed up in the middle.

> As for coverage, I got better coverage in Northern California than my
> fiancee's Verizon phone did.  About 50 miles outside of Redding into the
> mountains, I finally lost service.

In coverage, I would rank as follows: Verizon, AT&T, Nextel, (Sprint |
T-Mobile | Cingular).   T-Mobile has priority rights on Cingular's
network,
and is actively filling in gaps (T-Mo = Deutsch Telecom).

=Nadine=
--
  N. Miller
  vraptor at promessage.com