[rescue] any tricks for installing/removing ram from sparc10s?

N. Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Sun Aug 3 01:22:42 CDT 2003

On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 16:42:25 -0500, "Jonathan C. Patschke"
<jp at celestrion.net> said:
> On Sat, 2 Aug 2003, N. Miller wrote:
>
> > I like the "hook" idea, too.  I did something like that recently
> > when reassembling an Moto i95c for a customer (vanity shell) to get
>
> Yikes!  Those things are -tiny- and complicated.  I have an i90 and love
> it.  At least we know whom you sell cell service for now. :)
>
> I'd have ordered it through you, if I'd have known that.

I appreciate that, Jonathan.  Let me know if you have any
trouble with customer service, and we'll run interference for
you.  Nextel, T-Mobile, AT&T, and Cingular if anyone else is
in the market. :-D  I can also get most any modern accessory
for a lot less than you will pay at most retail places.  And I have
a lot of accessories (old stock from the previous owner) for older
Nokia's, Ericsson, and a few others.  Ask if you need any "rescue"
gear for cell phones, I might have it and will let it go cheap.  And
feel free to shoot me any questions in email about cell service,
etc; I'll try my best to answer.

i95c, i90, and i60 should never have had vanity shells made for
them--they're just too complicated.  Like putting a vanity case on
the danged iBook clamshell.

The worst part is that the ribbon cables inside are taped/glued
down, so you have to carefully loosen them...and then there's
the whole spring-loaded hinge with the ribbon carefully curled
up inside it.

Oh, and I did this without an exploaded diagram or manual
like all good rescuers. ;-)  I had to call my local service depot
guru to figure out how to get the two halves apart at the hinge.
That was an interesting conversation to have over the phone.

No obrescue today, other than trying to really rescue data off
the shop computer's HD. *grumble*

=Nadine=
--
  N. Miller