[rescue] any tricks for installing/removing ram from sparc10s?

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Sat Aug 2 18:10:07 CDT 2003

> $77/mo (after taxes and fees) gets me:
>
>    * Free unlimited incoming calls.
>    * Free unlimited night & weekend calls.
>    * Free long distance.
>    * 500 minutes during peak hours.
>    * Wireless web and email.
>    * Unlimited two-way minutes that work "nation-wide".
>    * Callier ID, voicemail, and all the other standard stuff.
>
> Sprint can't do all that, and their network sucks, anyway.  Cingular
> can go fuck themselves because they have a nasty habit of "accidentally"
> changing contract terms behind your back.  At least, that's been my
> experience with those two companies.

I haven't had a problem with Sprint coverage anywhere I've gone, including
some remote places.  The only thing in the list Sprint doesn't have is free
incoming and the two-way.  I have unlimited wireless web, including when I
use a cable between my phone and laptop.  If I'm in somewhere without a fast
Internet connection, I can still a fast connection, and if I'm out somewhere
remote I can connect.  I pay about $65/mo after taxes and fees.

I find Nextel has some drawbacks (one of our clients uses Nextel for their
phone and pager service).  One, the phones disrupt some of the hard-wired
speakerphones, and two, the beeping and noises from the phones when used in
walkie-talkie mode is annoying.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net