[rescue] any tricks for installing/removing ram from sparc10s?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Aug 2 17:59:53 CDT 2003

On 2 Aug 2003, Daniel de Young wrote:

> Don't even mention the "V" word around me!  Those bastards had a knack
> for accidentally changing my plan from 1000+ minutes to the minimum and
> then sending me a $750 bill.  They did that to me twice!!!  Needless to
> say I dumped their stupid crap service.

I had them back when they were still GTE.  They sold my account to
Southwestern Bell wireless.  Three months later, they merged to become
Cingular.  Both times, I got double-billed, once by $oldCompany, and
later by $newCompany, and when they became Cingular, they wanted another
deposit because it was "new service".  So, to hell with them both.

> I got ATT now.  I'm not going to sing their praises, but at least their
> billing is correct.

A few people around here have had great luck with them, but I'm happy
where I am, and it's too much of a pain to switch even if ATT did have a
better deal.

> My t68i is okay (albeit uncomfortable) and I can hook my laptop up
> via bluetooth or browse with my handspring via IR.  I don't use it
> as much as I thought because with almost a full second latency,

Yep.  Well, consider your bandwidth and how far that signal has to -go-.
Wireless is all about latency.  Even 802.11 has noticable latency for
ssh.

> Oh well...  I guess I watched too much science fiction in my youth.

Didn't we all.  I'd like to use the terminal mode of my i90 connected to
a wearable computer so that I can have 'net access from anywhere. :)

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "We're Texans.  We figure out ways to do these
Elgin, TX          (    things..."                    --Bill Bradford