[rescue] any tricks for installing/removing ram from sparc10s?

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Sat Aug 2 14:44:25 CDT 2003

Michael Free wrote:
> A little mineral oil shouldn't hurt anything, I'd think... just a little rub
> on the memory contacts with a finger. You could even find contact lube,
> which IIRC is designed as a contact point conductor and will not cross-talk
> or evaporate, and is antioxidant.

Radio Shack: color TV tuner cleaner. You shouldn't need it for memory,
but if you ever have to clean/lubricate something electric/electronic,
it's the best.

I've never had *that* much trouble seating memory, save the one time I
tried to put a regular DIMM in a DDR slot. *sigh*

For removal, I have a piece of 10/12 ga copper bent so that it'll hook
the two holes on the memory stick. Works better than the little levers.
Especially when they're broke. ;)

Steve