[rescue] any tricks for installing/removing ram from sparc10s?

Arthur Wouk awouk at ra.nilenet.com
Sat Aug 2 12:03:05 CDT 2003

i finally got around to trying to combine the ram from my recently
dead sparc10 and its replacement. the old machine had a bunch of 64meg
sticks which i wanted to move into the new machine to replace the 2r
meg sticks there.

well, i finally did get two 64 meg sticks installed, but my fingers
still hurt from the effort. i guess by now the ram is nearly welded
into place - i broke one of the levers for lifting the ram in the
process.

then placing the 64meg sticks in place was just as bad - getting them
seated required tapping in place with a small wooden hammer! nothing
else would seat them.

so am i missing any tricks to make this easier? i still have two more
sticks to replace!