[rescue] Ok, what kind of SCSI connector is this?

Earl D. Baugh Jr. earl at baugh.org
Fri Aug 1 11:05:23 CDT 2003

I've been continuing to dig thru my pile of SCSI drives (it's amazing how
much stuff you realize you have once you have to move it...new houses do
that...)  Anyway, I've got two 4gb WD drives (I don't have the model number
here) which I'm not sure what kind of SCSI connectors they have.

It's not a 50 pin.  And it's not the same as on my U2.  And they look like
they have a fair number of pins...maybe it's still 50, in two rows...not
sure, they're at home, and I'm at work.. Looking at
http://www.scsita.org/aboutscsi/Pictures.html doesn't show the connector
types I have.   I was thinking that the U2 had SCA, but then I'm not sure
what these would be.   The connector is centered on the back of the drive,
but on the bottom edge.    I've done some googling and can't seem to find
exactly what the U2 has, in terms of connector (is it SCA or
SCA2?)  Anyway, I'm trying to figure out what these other drives are, and
where I might be able to use them (I've got to find out what they are so I
can test them first of course...)

I've got a cable that they'd connect into, but I'm not sure I have anywhere
to connect it too....

Earl

p.s. As part of the digging, I also found that I have 3 200mb drives
(woop-de-do), a working 1 gb drive, and a working 8 gb drive (all 50 pin
drives).   A dead 2 gb, and a dead 1 gb drive, so the find  wasn't without
it's share of casualties... Not a bad haul, given it's been in a box of
parts that I got for free, but just hadn't dug thru.