[rescue] Alphastation 250

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Wed Apr 30 23:31:26 CDT 2003

I have a 266MHZ Alphastation 250.

I happen to have a (unfortunate) spare 275MHZ CPU.

Not that it would be an upgrade worth mentioning, but does anyone
know if 275MHZ CPUs can be put in an Alphastation 250 ?

I'm not very familiar with alpha...are the MHZ the result of
an external clock and an internal clock multiplier ?  If so, is
the difference between teh 266 and 275 the external clock ?

The DEC manual shows a pair of jumpers for setting the speed, but
positions other than the default are "reserved" (undocumented).

Just curious as to if this, or even faster upgrades could be done.

-- Curt