[rescue] Wit's end -- Indigo2

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Wed Apr 30 18:45:59 CDT 2003

That auction seems to have inconsistent pics....

The picture showing an item in a package seems to be to convert a
68 pin wide drive to  50 pin... but the pics below it show an
adapter to turn a 50 pin drive into a 68 pin interface....

The description indicates 50pin female to 68pin female which would
convert a 50 pin drive to a 68 pin interface... not the direction your
looking to go....

The most flexible thing is to get an SCA connector drive (one 80 pin
connector, no power connector) and an adapter.  This way if you ever
recycle the drive into a system that uses 68 pin wide scsi, just change
the adapter.  Plus SCA drives are usually the cheapest to find as people
retire drives out of RAID arrays as they upgrade to larger drives.

-- Curt