[rescue] Wit's end -- Indigo2

Joshua Newton limelight at speakeasy.net
Wed Apr 30 15:40:46 CDT 2003

So I bought an Indigo2 off eBay. It was marked as being for parts or
rebuild, but I was willing to take my chances. It arrived today. Banged
up as all hell, and the idiot who sent it to me thought it was a good
idea to slap a huge, nonpeelable sticker on the top. Some canned air,
Goo-Gone, and paper towels later, the top looks like it's been host to
wargames between two Soviet motor rifle divisions, but at least all the
sticky is gone and the dust elephants are gone.

(For the record, that is one HUGE power supply. And a pain in the butt
to get in and out.)

Problem: The top cover does not fit back on. I'm nearly 100% sure I'm
doing it right. I'm looking at the PDF of the user manual, and it sure
'nuff looks like I'm supposed to slide these prongs into the underside
of the bottom cover and let the whole thing drop back into place. But
the top cover still does not fit on. The protrusions inside the front of
the cover are occluded by the partitions just inside. It swings down
just far enough that you can't see the interior any more, but the entire
bare front is still exposed. And it does not latch into place. I've also
tried dropping it straight down and sliding the prongs into place on the
back, but nooooooo, that's too easy to work.

Can someone PLEASE tell me what the special trick or magic password is
to get the top cover back in place? I'm just about to pitch the entire
thing off the balcony and dance on the fragments of the corpse.