[rescue] Synergy

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Wed Apr 30 13:53:00 CDT 2003

David Passmore said ...
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 01:41:56PM -0400, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
> > Is anyone using Synergy (http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/index.html)?
> >
> > Does it work?
>
> Yes. Usually very well, although sometimes it gets flaky.

I've installed it on my Win2K laptop (as the server) and a Win98 machine I
keep around to run one specialty app, and it seems to work well enough.  The
"wheelie" mouse doesn't work, but otherwise, it's OK.  I've tried to solve
this same problem (more or less) with TightVNC on W98, and it's never worked
at all.

I'm going to try Synergy on Solaris next.

If _that_ works, and is relatively reliable, I'm going to be able to
reconfigure my office and have the computers I actually use in one place.
Right now, every dam' box has its own K/V/M, and it's the K and the M that
take up so much space.  I can get all the V's on my desk, but not all the
K's and M's....

I wonder if it will build under IRIX.

-S