[rescue] Hp 4si-mx Power Saving

Shirker shirker at mooli.org.uk
Wed Apr 30 05:49:09 CDT 2003

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> > Interesting.  Do you have any idea whether a 4 Plus with a PostScript
> > Level II SIMM and duplexer installed counts as a 4 Plus or as a 4M
> > Plus for the purpose of this page?  I'd assume 4M Plus, since the
> only
> > difference I'm aware of between the 4 Plus and 4M Plus is PostScript
> > and a little paint.
> I can't imagine either the duplexer or the Postscript SIMM would alter
> the power saving in the printer to any serious extent...

I understood the difference between a 4+ and a 4M+ to be presence of a
network card?

My 4+ has a network card installed, and the test page it prints declares
"4M+" even though it doesn't say that on the case.

Ed.

--
I remember why I started becoming less tolerant, and I think I should strive
to become less tolerant in future. - RobA