[rescue] Unix Hater's Handbook now available as a free download from (one of the) authors

David Richmond cric at webone.com.au
Sun Apr 27 10:43:59 CDT 2003

On Monday 28 April 2003 01:09, you wrote:

> I checked http://research.microsoft.com/~daniel/  There is a note on
> his page:
>
> #  The Unix-Haters Handbook  (Co-Editor/Author), IDG Books, June,
> 1994, ISBN 1-56884-203-1. This book went out of print in October of
> 1997, after a press run of 20,000 copies.  It used to be available
> online in PDF format, but on 4/26/03, Slashdot noticed its presence
> here, and I'll wait for the brou-ha-ha to settle down before putting
> the link back.

If anyone is interested, I've just uploaded a copy to the space at my
isp that has been unused for the last few years.  I downloaded this
copy not too long after it first appeared (timestamp shows 6/2/2003).

If anyone wants it, it's at:
http://www.webone.com.au/~cric/uhh.pdf

Please be nice and not post it to slashdot.  I'd like to keep this isp
account for a bit longer :)

David