[rescue] Old Drives

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Sat Apr 26 21:51:05 CDT 2003

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 10:05:43PM -0400, Jeffrey Nonken wrote:

> ESDI? Goodness, I thought I was the only one silly enough to hang on to
> those. I think mine is about 350 meg.
>
> What are the Emulex boards? Let you play ESDI on a SCSI controller?

Yep.

> ST41600N is about 1.6 (specs say 1.3g capacity). Single-ended or
> differential?

Err, I think it is single ended.  The N postfix on Seagates usually
seems to mean that, and I'm pretty sure that the machine these came from
only had SE SCSI anyway.

> I'll have to think about it. If somebody else wants them, go ahead. If not,
> I might just make the trip for a few spare gig.

Not that I want to discourage people from taking them off my hands, but
is the gas really cheaper than ebay a few 3.5" LP 2 gig drives if you
just need capacity?