[rescue] SS Classic Serial ports

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Apr 26 14:58:34 CDT 2003

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 02:29:51PM -0400, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   I think the actual issue here is the use of a poorly-chosen
> combination of Z8530 crystal frequency and main divider settings which
> trashes the rates for high-speed use.

That's one issue, yes.  The other is a very small buffer and little
or no DMA use.

But some of the serial hackers also mentioned seperate clocks.

If you google for sun serial port issues, you should find a conversation
between der Mouse and a few others about this, maybe 3 years ago.  Can't
remember exactly.