[rescue] OpenBSD on Intel (actually)

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Sat Apr 26 15:01:00 CDT 2003

Jeffrey Nonken says ...

> Maybe you should just give in and buy another motherboard from eBay. :) Or
> find a local shop that takes trade-ins and see if they'll sell or give you
> an old piece of junk. (Our local PC Warehouse sells older used boxes, and
> sometimes it's tempting, especially since I've started
> resurrecting old PCs with Linux and NetBSD. :)

"Say, farmer?"
"Yes, stranger?"
"Can I take this road to Little Rock?"
"No need to do that, son, they have plenty of roads there already."

I don't need to buy any old junk.  I have tons of it.  I was using this
machine because it was already assembled, was known to work, and wasn't
being used for anything else.

Since the need for it as a router has gone away, getting OpenBSD running on
it has become just an intellectual challenge.  I'd like to make it work,
but, if it's not solvable, it's no big deal.

Thanks.

-Shel