[rescue] OpenBSD on Intel (actually)

Jeffrey Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Sat Apr 26 13:21:03 CDT 2003

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 13:30:16 -0400, "Sheldon T. Hall" <shel at cmhcsys.com>
wrote:

> Jeffrey Nonken writes ...
> >
> > CTRL-ALT-ENTER comes to mind for the older Dells, but he's already tried
> > that one.
> >
> > Have you tried applying it _after_ the POST?
>
> After the machine's POST, once gets into the SCSI POST.  I can get into the
> SCSI setup (Ctrl-C) but any other key then just gets beeps.  So far.
>
> I'll try all the keys again at different times....

I just recall some machines that you could get into the BIOS after it got
past the POST, but I could be wrong about that. YMMV and all that. But I
figured it was worth a mention.

The CTRL-ALT-S is, in my recollection, what certain Gateway '486
mini-desktops would take, but again, certainly worth trying.

Maybe you should just give in and buy another motherboard from eBay. :) Or
find a local shop that takes trade-ins and see if they'll sell or give you
an old piece of junk. (Our local PC Warehouse sells older used boxes, and
sometimes it's tempting, especially since I've started resurrecting old PCs
with Linux and NetBSD. :)

---
Diamonds are a woman's best friend. A dog is a man's best friend. Is this some
sort of double standard?