[rescue] OpenBSD on Intel (actually)

Jeffrey Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Sat Apr 26 08:12:11 CDT 2003

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 20:28:03 -0400, Andrew Weiss <ajwdsp at cloud9.net> wrote:

> Did you try ctrl-alt-s? or alt-s? or alt+f-key (compaq stuff sometimes)
>
> Andrew
>
> On Friday, April 25, 2003, at 01:23  PM, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:
>
> > Heh.  If I could get into the BIOS.  No key combo I've tried will do
> > it.  I
> > scoured the Dell website, and the ones there didn't help.  I even
> > _called_
> > Dell, and they couldn't give me one that would work.  It's Phoenix
> > BIOS, but
> > none of the usual Phoenix sequences work.  I've tried F2 (and all the
> > other
> > F-ing keys), Del, Ctrl-Alt-Enter, Ctrl-Alt-Ins, Ctrl-Alt-Esc, Alt-Esc,
> > two-elbows-on-the-keyboard, Esc-Meta-Alt-Ctrl-Shift .... No joy in any
> > case.

CTRL-ALT-ENTER comes to mind for the older Dells, but he's already tried
that one.

Have you tried applying it _after_ the POST?

---
Yankee, n. In Europe, an American. In the Northern States of our Union, a New
Englander. In the Southern States the word is unknown. (See DAMYANK.) -Ambrose
Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"