[rescue] Another ebay idiot...

William Barnett-Lewis wlewis at mailbag.com
Sat Apr 26 01:11:57 CDT 2003

> On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 12:41:59AM -0500, William Barnett-Lewis wrote:
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3020367354&category=11223
> >
> > Calls it an Indy then shows a hinv that says it's a maximpact R10000 and
> > a pic that clearly shows an Indigo2 nameplate...
> >
> > and I don't have the $175 BIN. Foo. However, someone here may want it,
> > so ...
>
> You're complaining? Would you complain if someone referred to an
> E10k as a Sparcserver 10 and offered it for $200? :)
>
> Maybe he thinks Indy is just short for Indigo. There is no such thing
> (as far as I know) as an Indy 2. At least he makes it easy to tell what
> it is even if he doesn't know. Looks like a nice system.
>
> Complaining about people refilling old workstations instead of throwing
> them away is one thing... but this is just silly :)
>
> --Rob
>
> --
> Robert Novak, Indyramp Consulting * rnovak at indyramp.com * indyramp.com/~rnovak
> "I don't want to doubt you, Know everything about you
>       I don't want to sit Across the table from you Wishing I could run."

The "complaint" has more to do with the fact that even though it's a
screaming deal, I can't afford to take advantage of it. Probably should
have put a smiley after the Foo.

No, I realize what you're saying and the subject was poorly worded. I
simply saw what I figured was a good deal that I couldn't afford and
wanted to let the folks here know so that it might find a good home.

William
relations, for nature cannot be fooled.
Feynman's Appendix to the Rogers Commission Report.