[rescue] Another ebay idiot...

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sat Apr 26 00:58:43 CDT 2003

On Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 12:41:59AM -0500, William Barnett-Lewis wrote:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3020367354&category=11223
>
> Calls it an Indy then shows a hinv that says it's a maximpact R10000 and
> a pic that clearly shows an Indigo2 nameplate...
>
> and I don't have the $175 BIN. Foo. However, someone here may want it,
> so ...

You're complaining? Would you complain if someone referred to an
E10k as a Sparcserver 10 and offered it for $200? :)

Maybe he thinks Indy is just short for Indigo. There is no such thing
(as far as I know) as an Indy 2. At least he makes it easy to tell what
it is even if he doesn't know. Looks like a nice system.

Complaining about people refilling old workstations instead of throwing
them away is one thing... but this is just silly :)

--Rob