[rescue] SGI Personal Irises- Free

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Fri Apr 25 20:54:33 CDT 2003

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 01:50:31PM -0400, Chad Fernandez wrote:
> Jeffrey Nonken wrote:
> >Renting a truck costs a little more, but it's not THAT expensive.
> >
> >Or wasn't last time I did it. I don't know, maybe truck rental has
> >skyrocketed since then.
>
> A few months back, when I rented a truck, they charged mileage from mile
> 0.  I think that was through a Uhaul outfit.  So for me, it would depend
> greatly on how bad I wanted said computer, and how far away.

Most rental truck places do seem to do base plus mileage on in-town
rentals (drop off same place you pick up). One-way includes days and
miles.

I once rented a Silverado 4-seat pickup (with cruise control and
am/fm/cd, which both seem wrong for a production truck, although
I did appreciate them) from Enterprise to move some stuff. $70/day,
with 200ish miles per day included. The last time I rented a Savana
van from Uhaul, it was $19.95 plus 50c/mile I think. Budget is
19.95 + .45/mile now.

--Rob