[rescue] SS Classic Serial ports

Tom Ponsford tponsford at theriver.com
Thu Apr 24 08:45:46 CDT 2003

Hi All,

Actually, using a pcmcia sbus for a serial port works very well.
The nell driver on netbsd-current works pretty good. In addition you can use
a pcmcia serial card, modem. or even a fast ethernet card. As most of
the pcmcia
stuff is peecee compatible, its cheap and plentiful. I got two pcmcia
sbus cards on ebay for about 12.00 apiece. So far its worked great
in my LX, SS5,SS10 & SS20. As soon as I get time I'm going to use one of
my LX
boxes as a dialup gateway/router for my home lan, and another LX box for
a wireless access point for my laptop.

Cheers

Tom