[rescue] Hardware Question: Vax 4000 and Rack Mounts

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Apr 24 10:09:54 CDT 2003

On Thursday, April 24, 2003, at 10:26 AM, White Daniel E DLVA wrote:
> Is it possible to pull the working guts from a pedistal-type Vax 4000
> and
> install them into a rack-moutable box ?
>
> Alternatively, anyone know of a source of rack-mountable Vax
> 4000/200's ?

   Well unless you have the "narrow" (BA215 if memory serves) VAX4000
chassis, it's already rackmountable.  Pull it out of its plastic
sheath...you'll notice rackmount ears on the sides of the metal frame.

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire              "I'm willing to sacrifice my ass for the sake
St. Petersburg, FL                    of good food."    -Kurt Huhn