[rescue] SGI Personal Irises- Free

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Wed Apr 23 15:22:15 CDT 2003

On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 08:16:24PM +0000, Gerhard Lenerz wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 15:38:35 -0400
> Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com> wrote:
>
> >    I trust you beat the living daylights out of this moron?
>
> Believe me, if I ever meet such a person face to face I guess I'll get
> kinda loud. ;-)

Better to throw the whole thing away, I suppose.

I used to put K6-2/K6-3 systems into ancient (and well-recognized in
my department) 486 chassis that were retired from Token Ring testing.
It wasn't so much that I needed to save the $35 on an AT case, but it
was enjoyable to see the expressions on people's faces. Similar to
having NT4 workstation displayed on my Sun monitor, then hitting the
A/B button and showing Windows 98 on my SunPCI on the Tatung Ultra 10.

--Rob