[rescue] OT: Linux and USB on Intel

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Apr 23 14:36:23 CDT 2003

On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Jeffrey Nonken wrote:

> If that C library has a GNU license, guess what?

If you are implying that any code linked against glibc must be GPLed,
you're a funny guy.  This is, in fact, one of the specific sorts of
exceptions in the GPL.  I've debated this very point with members of the
FSF via email.  C runtime libraries and other "essential components of
the operating system" do not impose the restrictions of linking against,
say, readline.

If this weren't true, there'd be ZERO commerical software applications
for Linux.

--
Jonathan Patschke *) "who has been feeding my cats crack again??  they
Thorndale, TX     (*  were doing chuck norris shit all over the apartment