[rescue] SS Classic Serial ports

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Wed Apr 23 10:29:25 CDT 2003

The box is capable of the high serial port baud rate (57600 or 115200),
but I can't say how well it will work/etc as I have never tried it.

You did not mention if you were going to use Solaris or an alternative
OS....

Someone here was having some problems with OpenBSD on an LX or Classic
as I recall.... sounded like OpenBSD's serial port driver might have
not been happy with the LX/Classic serial chip.  Solaris' serial driver
will of course work, but how well will it keep up.

No matter what, you want to use hardware flow control, and make sure the
modem is set up that way too (I think used to use AT&C1&D2&K3 ????)

Sun has not always used the best of serial ports, and I've heard of lots
of mixed results....  my feeling is it should do it, I just can't say
wether or not it will do it.

Hopefully someone else here will have some more direct expereience trying
this on a Classic/LX.

-- Curt