[rescue] Motorola Powerstack DT603-66

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Apr 23 03:19:36 CDT 2003

On 2003.04.23 05:31 Robert Novak wrote:

> >   Don't they run a version of AIX?  I think I remember having heard
> > something about that.
> Yeah, I've found mention of it. Trying to figure out if the version I
> have (5.1L, I think) runs on it or if it's too old.
I have some Motorola PowerStack II machines. (200 MHz / 300 MHz
PPC604ev, ISA and PCI, SCSI, 10/100 Ethernet, ... on board, PReP arch
with OpenfirmWare, mini-tower case.) There is a special Version of AIX
4.x from Bull (that Bull got from Motorola?) that runs on this machines.
Standard IBM AIX distribution media do not boot.
Linux and WinNT/PPC runs on them. Maybe VxWorks also.
I am in the progress of porting NetBSD to this hardware. It may be
trivial to port NetBSD to the DT603 if it is PReP and supplies residual
data.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen