[rescue] OpenBSD on Intel

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Apr 22 20:39:28 CDT 2003

On Tue, 22 Apr 2003, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> Obviously, I'm missing something.  How do I tell it I've changed the network
> card, and to use the new one?  Or for that matter, how do I tell it I've
> changed any bit of hardware, i.e. what's OpenBSD's moral equivalent of
> "boot -r"?

boot -c

Use the "disable" command to disable drivers for any devices you don't
have installed.  Nine times out of ten, a hang at boot means that there
is some driver installed that's probing the system in a way that other
devices don't like.

--
Jonathan Patschke *) "who has been feeding my cats crack again??  they
Thorndale, TX     (*  were doing chuck norris shit all over the apartment