[rescue] Quick question about the precisionbook

roosmcd at dds.nl roosmcd at dds.nl
Tue Apr 22 13:05:21 CDT 2003

Thomas Gallaway tgallaway at comcast.net wrote:
>I have the same issue with my precisionbook. I found out when I remove
>the battery it boots up. When I put it back to quick it will power up but
>not boot up. If I just leave the battery out it will work and then I can put
>the battery in but if I unplug the power it will shut off. I think it is a
>dead battery or so but I dont know for sure. Mine is doing the exact same
>weird thing.

 Turns out it was a loose keyboard cable, must have happened during shipping.
I've reconnected the cable and now it's booting. The battery I have does work
though, or at least I can start the precisionbook with the battery inserted.

 Another thing I noticed was that there are 4 LCD connectors on the
motherboard, two identical pairs of which one pair is occupied. Should one be
able to find a 14" screen, I suspect the 12" can be replaced without any
problems.

  greetings,
   Michiel

Ps. I also have the 1Mb cache option installed.