[rescue] OT: Linux and USB on Intel

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Apr 22 12:32:51 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, April 22, 2003, at 01:20 PM, Chad Fernandez wrote:
>>   I know what you mean about the humidity.  The only thing that keeps
>> the humidity under control here is frequent short downpours.  If
>> something weird happens and it doesn't rain for several days, it gets
>> pretty seriously humid here.  Fortunately that doesn't happen very
>> often.  It really makes even moderate heat unbearable.
>
> That's kinda weird.  Usually short showers, then sun means more
> humidity.

   Think of it in terms of hysteresis.  The humidity rises throughout
the day, reaches saturation, then it rains like all hell...but it
doesn't stop raining just when the humidity level drops below the
saturation point, it keeps going for a while.

   My specifics may be off, I am not a meteorologist, but that's the way
it seems to work.

       -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols