[rescue] OT: Linux and USB on Intel

Jeffrey Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Tue Apr 22 11:55:31 CDT 2003

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 17:59:47 -0400, Dave McGuire <mcguire at neurotica.com>
wrote:

> > He may not be using it in the environment for which it was designed.
> > A typical application where additional airflow is required is a
> > college dorm.  80 degrees ambient temperature is quite common in that
> > environment.
>
>    ...and people pay serious money to be subjected to such environments.
>   Unbelievable.

I'm not actually in a college dorm -- nor was I when I fried the card --
but I can't always afford to air condition my house to 70 degrees, and the
air in this corner of the living room tends to stagnate a bit unless I get
a fan blowing the air around. Even so, 80+ degree temperatures are not
uncommon during the summer.

Though usually 80 degrees is the point beyond which I can't stand it any
more and turn the air on.

(For those in more arid areas, consider also that there's a humidity
component. 80 degrees in Irvine, CA is generally easier to take than 80
degress in Philadephia, PA. Trust me on this. I don't mean to say that
affects the computer cooling, but rather my tolerance levels. :)

---
Veni, Vidi, Velcro. (I came, I saw, I stuck around.)