[rescue] OT: Linux and USB on Intel

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Tue Apr 22 09:06:02 CDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 11:40:28AM +0200, Frank Van Damme wrote:
> On Monday 21 April 2003 21:46, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:
> > Do you really -need- 16MB of TRAM, though?
>
> Uh... any standard game pc nowadays is sold with 32 or 64 megs video mem (up
> to 128) and most of that is used for textures.

Are you sure most of it is used for textures?  It's not hard to need
nearly half of 32megs for frame buffers, without running unusually high
resolutions.  Still, at this point, probably most people who buy video
cards seperately from the machine are buying 64meg+ cards.

> xBox? :-)

What an awefull idea.

/me whacks Frank repeatedly with fresh trout.