[rescue] OT: Linux and USB on Intel

Kevin Loch kloch at gurunet.net
Mon Apr 21 12:56:27 CDT 2003

Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Nope, ham radio power limits are power *input* to the final stage,
> unless they've changed that since I took my tests (which admittedly was
> a very long time ago).

According to FCC rules part 97:
http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/regulations/news/part97/

Output power on most bands is limited to 1500W PEP (peak envelope power)
output from the transmitter.  "Peak Envelope Power" is a function
of the voltage output of the transmitter and the impedance
of the antenna system.  Therefore the power output of the transmitter
is limited, but not antenna gain.  In no case is there a
limit of power into the 'final stage' of the transmisster.
Such a limit would have no effect since any ammount of
gain could be applied in the 'final stage'.

KL