[rescue] OT: Linux and USB on Intel

Jeffrey Nonken jeff_work at nonken.net
Mon Apr 21 10:13:32 CDT 2003

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 09:36:38 -0400, Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com> wrote:

> I don't are what you compare it to, a 300Mhz Octane is not slow.  It
> might not be as fast as the latest multi-Ghz x86 system, but it is *NOT*
> "slow".

Yeah, well, your average PC user is used to thinking in terms of Intel
clock speeds. It's just all he knows.

If he doesn't understand the technical explanation of why raw clock speed
doesn't translate directly, point out that his Farrari won't get a ton of
bricks across town more quickly than your heavy truck, no matter how much
faster it can go.

If he still doesn't get it, shoot him in the head and be done with it. The
average intelligence of the world will go up, just a little bit. :)

---
Historical reminder: Always keep Horace before Descartes.