[rescue] OT: Linux and USB on Intel

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Apr 21 08:23:52 CDT 2003

Linc Fessenden <linc at thelinuxlink.net> wrote:

> Yup, but for the masses I think MacOS would be the answer.  However,
> if anyone knows where I could get *MY* hands on a decent inexpensive
> SGI....

MacOS *is* the answer for the masses, I agree.  Solaris and Irix are too
"UNIX-y" for the great unwashed.  That and Apple's hardware is sensible
in design (never mind sexy as hall get-out).  But I still wish both
would lower their prices so that the rest of us can afford to have
workstations that are not initially designed as personal computers.

As far as inexpensive SGI boxes, I would suggest looking on eBay for a
Indigo2.  Nearly any Indigo2 will satisfy your initial interest in Irix
and SGI hardware.

--
Kurt                 "Who am I kidding?  Cake is just a delivery
kurt at k-huhn.com        mechanism for icing."