[rescue] OT: Linux and USB on Intel

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Apr 21 00:25:14 CDT 2003

On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 11:57:59AM -0700, David Passmore wrote:
> It's also bringing up a generation of computer users who think that getting
> software is a free ride, that there should be no intellectual property, and
> that OS concepts that were old twenty years ago are okay in a modern OS.

And the computer industry is getting to be like the car industry - "oh, there's
a newer, faster, shinier model out!  I must get it, even if the one I have
does what I need!".

I'll never buy a new vehicle again (after my truck is paid off), and I dont
see myself buying a new computer [0] for another 2-3 years at *least*, and
even then, I may just go for a CPU upgrade.

Bill

[0] I bought this dual 867Mhz PowerMac G4 on Christmas Eve '02, and it was
 the first new, off-the-shelf system I've ever owned.  Everything else
 before it was either bought used, built from parts, etc...  I've got a 60G
 and an 80G HD in it, and 1.25G RAM - and dont see needing any upgrades, other
 than possibly a new video card when Doom III comes out, for a while...

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net
austin, texas