[rescue] OT: Linux and USB on Intel

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Apr 20 17:02:27 CDT 2003

On Sunday, April 20, 2003, at 05:55 PM, Linc Fessenden wrote:

>>> Maybe so, but if you are uding the Gnu compiler to compile your
>>> programs...
>>
>>    ...that doesn't make those programs GNU.
>>
>>       -Dave
>
> No, but it makes them nothing without it.

   Well, it means they'd have to go back to pcc. ;)  The fact that GNU's
compiler is used to generate the binaries does not make it a GNU
product.  To follow your logic to the next level, running NetBSD on a
SPARC processor makes it a Sun product, or placing that machine on a
floor which I washed with Mop-n-Glo would make it a Johnson Wax product.

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols