[rescue] OT: Linux and USB on Intel

David Passmore dpassmor at sneakers.org
Sun Apr 20 15:52:00 CDT 2003

On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 01:49:08PM -0700, Robert Novak wrote:

> David, David, David. Please, consider saving the nonsequiturs for bad
> jokes. You're the one claiming that Linux makes x86 hardware less reliable.

I never said this. I said Linux has enabled the use of less reliable
hardware in business.

> Linc is claiming that x86 hardware running Linux can be very reliable.
> You're apparently unable to dispute this, so you're jumping at alternate
> claims that Linc never made. It's always easier to dispute something
> the opponent didn't say, isn't it?

Isn't that what you did in the first paragraph of your message? See above.

> Repeat after me.
>
> Don't fear the penguin.
> Don't fear the penguin.
> Don't fear the penguin.
>
> You don't have to use the penguin, but if you're going to argue against
> *ANYTHING* you should at least have valid reasons to do so. Even if you
> are bored. It makes you and your cause look bad if you use spurious and
> blatantly false claims to back your points up.

Prove that any claims I have made are false. So far, you have not. And now
you're just being silly with this 'don't fear the penguin' crap. This is not
a kiddie pool.

> It's probably time for this to move to geeks@, right?

Probably.

David