[rescue] OT: Linux and USB on Intel

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Apr 20 15:44:48 CDT 2003

On Sunday, April 20, 2003, at 04:36 PM, Mike Meredith wrote:
> There's something funny going on here. Cheap and nasty desktop x86
> systems may
> be pretty unreliable, but server x86 systems from decent vendors are a
> different matter.

   Yeah but then you've lost the cost advantage.  Those big,
full-of-empty-space "server" x86 systems are really fucking expensive,
more so than a lot of "real computers".  So you've leveled the playing
field with regard to failure rates (well, at least of the hardware) but
then the x86 boxes are more expensive!

         -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols