[rescue] OT: Linux and USB on Intel

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Apr 20 13:58:36 CDT 2003

On Sunday, April 20, 2003, at 02:49 PM, David Passmore wrote:
> I do. I consider Linux the greater evil. It is forcing the business
> world
> away from dedicated iron running much more mature UNIXes like Solaris,
> IRIX,
> or HP-UX, and towards a disposable x86 model because of budgetary
> concerns
> and short-term profit motives.

   [I hit send before finishing my point]

   And Linux, while it's certainly nowhere near fit for the computer
room, WILL improve.  It HAS improved tremendously over the years.  Now
bear in mind that I'm no Linux tribesman, but I do recognize this.

   Windows, on the other hand...well, we all see how far it's come.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols