[rescue] SOG converter

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Apr 20 13:29:33 CDT 2003

On Sunday, April 20, 2003, at 10:58 AM, Jochen Kunz wrote:
>>> Perhaps we could do more research and throw together a circuit for
>>> list members?
>>   This could be done without too much effort.  Several manufacturers,
>> notably National Semiconductor and Philips, make single-chip sync
>> separators which are commonly used in TVs and monitors and such.
>> I've never designed a circuit around one, but I can't imagine them
>> being too difficult.
> A friend build a sync separator with the LM1881. He implemented a
> shematic from an application note and it Just Worked (C) (R) (TM).
> There are only some Cs and Rs needed. (I think I have that PDF around
> somewhere too.)

   Are the values of the passive components in the LM1881 circuit
dependent on the sync rates in use?

>>   However, with one of those chips probably running at least $10 or
>> so, I'd say $50 isn't all that bad.
> The LM1881 is about 2,-EUR in .de.

   That's definitely cheap.  The LM1881 has been around a while...ahh,
volume! :-)

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols