[rescue] Re: OT: Linux and USB on Intel

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Sun Apr 20 11:48:17 CDT 2003

On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 12:18:09PM -0400, Michael Free wrote:
> It's probably safe to say that the people are pretty happy with those
> conditions because they simply don't know any better. When you're born and
> raised under a set of conditions, those conditions become "normal".
>
> Mike Free

Considering China's recent history, with millions of their countrymen
dead, to have enough to eat and not be in danger of getting killed off
because the top brass views you as inconvenient, is probably a good
thing and for now is "good enough".

I have heard stories of immigrants to the US refusing to take potty
breaks during their 8 or 12 hour shift at a plant - because in the
"old country" if you left your seat during a shift, by the time you
got back, someone else was sitting at your position and you were out
of a job.  They had to have it explained to them that it was OK.

Although why we let a bunch of homocidal maniacs masquerading as
Chinese politicians sweet-talk us into giving them PNTR and
most-favored-nation status is beyond me.

Sometimes I wonder how many videos they have of US senators and
congressmen in shall we say "compromising positions" with 17 year
olds; which would be one explanation.

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net             |
| Zill.Net - OpenACS, Postgres, Python hosting     |
| OpenACS v4 shared server       $19.95/month      |
| Colocation w/30GB transfer     $99.00/month      |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month        |