[rescue] FC-AL

nick at snowman.net nick at snowman.net
Sat Apr 19 22:48:11 CDT 2003

PCI sparcs are far far cheaper to start on, you can get a QLA2?00 fairly
cheap, whereas all the SBUS fc-al cards are expensive (300+ normally,
sometimes if you're lucky ~100$).  Anyone know a source for sbus FC-AL
Cards?  The two expensive parts of an fc-al loop are the disk enclosure
(or t-cards, Dave? heh) and the HBAs.. Hubs are nice, but not required
unless you want more hosts connected than you've got ports on your disk
enclosure or t-card.  Someone wrote a good primer, but I'm forgetting the
link.
	Nick