[rescue] HP-UX licensing tip

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Fri Apr 18 04:03:17 CDT 2003

Hi Lads

This is probably well known to HP-UX professionals, but I just thought I'd
pass on a tip I only learned a few days ago - it will be useful if you ever
rescue an HP 9000 system.

If you have an HP 9000 server or workstation running a licensed copy of
HP-UX 10.20 or 11.00 you've probably noticed that the HP-UX install media
only creates a 2-user installation. You can actually upgrade your system to
unlimited user licenses for free.

Just go to http://software.hp.com and use the search feature to look up
UnlimUserLic - currently this leads to:

http://www.software.hp.com/cgi-bin/swdepot_parser.cgi/cgi/displayProductInfo
.pl?productNumber=UNLIMUSERLIC

Fill in your details, download the UnlimUserLic bundle, and install it.
Your system will now be running the unlimited user license :-)

Regards,

Gavin