[rescue] sparcbook trouuuuuuble

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Apr 16 05:05:12 CDT 2003

Hello,

I have trouble with my sparcbook, it puts out errors when booting up:

first, it recognises memory and framebuffer, host id anc mac adress are OK,
then:

The IDPROM contents are invalid
boot device: /iommu/sbus/ bla bla
silo boot: *enter*
Uncompressing image.... 		(I run Linux)
PROMLIB: obio_ranges 1
IDPROM: Unknown format type!
Program terminated
Type help for more information
ok

AAAAaargh!! Just when I thought I had left all the trouble with disk drives et
behind me. My last backup isn't completely up to date...

I had trouble on another sparc (an ss2) which has a dead nvram (too lazy to
replace it right now) but this doesn't look like it; it still has all the
info about ethernet etc.

What's a guy to do?

--
Frank Van Damme    | "Saying 8MB of RAM doesn't do as much anymore is
http://www.        | like saying a gallon of water holds more than it