8-year olds and tools (was RE: [rescue] Re: Macs & IDE vs. SC SI)

Brian Dunbar Brian.Dunbar at plexus.com
Mon Apr 14 15:03:09 CDT 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Hedemark [mailto:chris at yonderway.com]
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 2:35 PM
To: The Rescue List
Subject: Re: 8-year olds and tools (was RE: [rescue] Re: Macs & IDE vs.
SCSI)

On Monday, April 14, 2003, at 09:50 AM, Brian Dunbar wrote:

> I _have_ an 8-year old and I've had no problems letting him handle
> drill,
> paint, or whatever his fancy chooses within reason.  Properly
> supervised, of
> course.
>
> But I doubt I'd let him case mod his PC.

8 year olds can handle it.  At that age I was in my uncle's basement
soldering components on his Heathkit HERO-1 robot.  Helped him build an
Apple II clone, too (the PINEAPPLE kit).

I don't mind him fooling around with the electric whoozits and whatnot, but
if he wants to put a plexi-glass window on his PC he's gonna have to wait
until he buys his own.

Brian