[rescue] ide vs scsi

Monty Walls mwalls at castor.oktax.state.ok.us
Mon Apr 14 11:39:19 CDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:17:13 -0500
Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 09:51:13AM -0600, biscjohn at locutus.isu.edu wrote:
> > Two drives, maybe.  Why would you need a interface-specific SCSI
> > controller?  Why can't a good old AHA-1542 do?
>
> Because this is a SPARC (an Ultra 5), not a x86/PC system?
>
> And a 1542 is ISA.  I'd rather have PCI, thank you. 8-)

I kind of like cheap LSI Symbios UW PCI scsi cards.  By using
these as my standard PC PCI scsi card, I can reuse them as
on my Sun PCI boxes without problems, so I keep a couple
of spares arround.

> Bill
>
> --
> bill bradford
> mrbill at mrbill.net
> austin, texas

-Monty Walls (mwalls at castor.oktax.state.ok.us)
-	MIS, Oklahoma Tax Commission
-
- My opinions are my own, my employer knows nothing about it.