Subject: [rescue] HP 1640a serial data analyzer

Bill McDermith bill_mcdermith at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 12 14:26:29 CDT 2003

>Hi Lads
>
>I've got a chance next week to pick up an HP 1640a serial data analyer.
>
>I've been googling like mad, but I haven't ben able to pick up a single
>piece of information about its specifications or capabilities.
>
>I'm guessing that this equipment must be either unpopular, or old, or both.
>Does anyone have any information about it?
>
>Regards,
>
>Gavin

I'll poke around and see if I still have a manual for this somewhere...
I worked at the HP division
where they were built... I also have a few 1640 boards floating around,
but I don't know if they
still work...  As I recall it was a pretty straight-forward serial
analyzer, mainly rs232, though I think with
the correct probes it could do current-loop, etc. The front panel has
all the possiblilites on it...

Good luck!

Bill McDermith