[rescue] OSX IDE dmesg

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Fri Apr 11 21:22:54 CDT 2003

On Friday, April 11, 2003, at 09:45 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo
+1.717.201.3366 wrote:

> Anyone here got a dmesg from an OSX box with IDE drive(s)?

Yes & no.

Yes I have that sort of machine, but no there is nothing useful in
dmesg.  Buffer is too small.  However, Apple has a system profiler that
dumps some useful info.  This also shows a couple of firewire drives
attached.  If it wouldn't involve waking my family up I'd go hook up
the camera, USB devices, etc. just to see how they show up.  Sadly this
doesn't seem to have anything useful about the IDE controller.

System Profile
Software Overview:

     |  System version                :  Mac OS X 10.2.5 (6L29)
    |
     |  Boot volume                   :
    |
     |  Kernel version                :  Darwin Kernel Version 6.5: Mon
Apr  7 17:05:38 PDT 2003; root:xnu/xnu-344.32.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC   |
     |  User name                     :  Chris Hedemark		(chrish)

Hardware Overview:

     |  Machine speed                 :  800 MHz
    |
     |  Bus speed                     :  133 MHz
    |
     |  Number of processors          :  1
    |
     |  L2 cache size                 :  256K
    |
     |  L3 cache size                 :  1MB
    |
     |  Machine model                 :  PowerBook G4 (version = 2.1)
    |
     |  Boot ROM info                 :  4.3.7f3
    |
     |  Customer serial number        :  xxxxxxxx-xxx-xxxx
    |
     |  Sales order number            :  Not available

Memory Overview:
     Location	Type	Size
     SODIMM0/J16TOP	SDRAM	256 MB
     SODIMM1/J16BOTTOM	SDRAM	256 MB
Network Overview:
     Built-in:

         |  Flags                         :
0x8863<Up,Broadcast,b6,Running,Simplex,Multicast> |
         |  Ethernet address              :  xx.xx.xx.xx.xx.xx

     Airport:

         |  Flags                         :
0x8863<Up,Broadcast,b6,Running,Simplex,Multicast> |
         |  Ethernet address              :  xx.xx.xx.xx.xx.xx
        |
         |  IP                            :  192.168.xxx.xxx
        |
         |  Subnet Mask                   :  255.255.255.0
        |
         |  Broadcast                     :  192.168.xxx.xxx

Devices and Volumes
PCI:
     ATI(AGP):

         |  Card Type                     :  ATY,DDParent
        |
         |  Card Name                     :  ATY,CrownParent
        |
         |  Card Model                    :  ATY,RageM7
        |
         |  Vendor ID                     :  1002
        |
         |  Device ID                     :  4c57
        |
         |  ROM#                          :  113-XXXXX-119
        |
         |  Revision                      :  0
        |
         |  Card (Video) Memory           :  32 MB

     PC Card:

         |  Card Type                     :  cardbus
        |
         |  Card Name                     :  cardbus
        |
         |  Card Model                    :  TXN,PCI1410-02
        |
         |  Vendor ID                     :  104c
        |
         |  Device ID                     :  ac50
        |
         |  ROM#                          :  Not available
        |
         |  Revision                      :  2

USB Information:
     USB Bus 0:
     USB Bus 1:
FireWire Information:
     FireWire (PC Card):
         BFD01:

             |  Volume Size                   :  115 GB (1K = 1024)  124
GB (1K = 1000) |
             |  Ejectable                     :  No
            |
             |  Writable                      :  Yes

         +--- FireWire Device Information
-------------------------------------------------------------------+

         |  GUID                          :  d0010a00000b04
        |
         |  Vendor ID                     :  53249
        |
         |  Speed                         :  400 Mb/sec
        |
         |  Unit SW Version               :  10483
        |
         |  Vendor Name                   :  SmartDisk Corp
        |
         |  Product Name                  :  FireWire Hard Drive
        |
         |  Product Identification        :  FireWire Hard Dr
        |
         |  Vendor Identification         :  SmartDis
        |
         |  Product Revision Level        :  Rev2

         +--- FireWire Device Information
-------------------------------------------------------------------+

         |  GUID                          :  30e00150005e3c
        |
         |  Vendor ID                     :  12512
        |
         |  Speed                         :  400 Mb/sec
        |
         |  Unit SW Version               :  10483
        |
         |  Disc Burning                  :  Fully supported.
        |
         |  Vendor Name                   :  Oxford Semiconductor Ltd.
        |
         |  Product Name                  :  OXFORD IDE Device
        |
         |  Product Identification        :  DVD-RW  DVR-105
        |
         |  Vendor Identification         :  PIONEER
        |
         |  Product Revision Level        :  1.00

Bus:
     Hard Drive:

         |  Disk Size                     :  37.25 GB (1K = 1024)  41 GB
(1K = 1000) |
         |  Unit Number                   :  0
        |
         |  ATA Device Type               :  ata
        |
         |  Device Serial                 :        CSL407DCC9KGYA
        |
         |  Device Revision               :  CA4AA71A
        |
         |  Device Model                  :  IBM-IC25N040ATCS04-0

         Macintosh HD:

             |  Volume Size                   :  37.25 GB (1K = 1024)
41 GB (1K = 1000) |
             |  Ejectable                     :  No
            |
             |  Writable                      :  Yes

     CD-RW/DVD-ROM: