[rescue] Re: Cheap E-series TRAM on EBay

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Fri Apr 11 17:12:04 CDT 2003

>> I spotted the following on EBay:
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3412023306
>>
>> This is a badly advertised 37MHz TRAM module for an Octane. Of course it is
>> untested - so it might jusy be a paperweight, but the price is good :-) The
>> other bidder has a maximum proxy bid of $75.
>>
>> I removed my bid because I can't contact the seller and I don't want to go
>> through the hassle of arranging shipping to NZ (seller lists USA shipping
>> only). At $9.95 I'd go through with it, but not at $76.
>
>Thanks.  I bid on it.  I can have two of these total,
>right?
>--
>Eric Dittman
>dittman at dittman.net

Yes. You can use them on either I or E series boards. The SI/SE boards
require one TRAM module to go to SI+T/SE+T, and the SSI/SSE boards require
two of them to go to MXI/MXE.

I emailed the seller to see if they had any more of them, but I got an
auto-answer saying that they were unavailable until the 14th. Judging by
their other present/past auctions they've parted out an old R10k Octane
system. I was hoping for a 'steal' at $9.95 but someone else bid $75
against me this morning.

--Gavin